United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women (UMW) shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
UMW especially focuses on issues related to women, children and youth. For information on the National UMW, please visit their website.
All cis and transgender women of First United Methodist Church are welcomed and encouraged to attend any of the UMW meetings.
First Thursday of January, March, May, and November
10:00am, room 112
Light brunch followed by devotions, program, and business meeting.
First Thursday of September
6:00pm, The Commons
- February, April and October (special outing usually planned for December)
- Time and date are variable depending on the off-site mission project
- Contact: Dottie Deines
- Third Thursday of the month, February-May, September-November
- 10:00am, the Parlor
- Contact: Shirley Carpenter
- First Tuesday of the month
- 9:00 a.m., Room 111
- Sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc. for missions
- Contact: Nancy Coziahr
This is an important membership category for those women who are members of United Methodist Women that contribute their time, talents, and money when called upon to help with some of our activities and missions, but are unable to regularly attend the circle or general meetings. Contact: Nancy Coziahr
- Co-Presidents – Liz Boyer & Emogene Whitten
- Vice-President – Nancy Coziahr
- Secretary – Diane Jensen
- Treasurer – Marylin Stewart
- Secretary for Program Resources – Ruth Kruse
- Education and Interpretation – Roberta Miller
- Membership Outreach and Nurture – Vacant
- Social Action – Dottie Deines
- Spiritual Growth – Iola Mullins